Edits I do to my posts don't show up...?

BirdNut

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 13, 2010
Suprise, Arizona
I've been having a lot of complications lately with editing my posts. I edit it, and it looks fine, but once I press 'submit', all edits are gone. I wondered if my computer hadn't quite caught up yet, so I refreshed the page several times, and the edits I made to the post still would not show up. It's frustrating to see grammatical errors or missed typos in my posts and not be able to fix them. Feedback and advice is appreciated!

We've seen a few reports of this, but we haven't been able to pinpoint the cause or consistency of when it happens. Usually it seems that the edits eventually do show up... which makes it even harder to troubleshoot.

So, it's a known issue, but it's been really tricky to pin-down and fix.

Thank you both so much for the feedback - especially in such a timely manner, wow!

Well, I'm glad that I'm not alone... But I hope a solution is found someday. I'll just be sure to look over my posts several times before submitting them in the first place.

I had this same issue just today.

At 38 minutes after I last tried to edit my post I went back to it and hit the edit button and did nothing more than hit submit. My edits finally showed up at that point. Would they have shown up on their own if I hadn't done that? I don't know...but that is what happened for me.

Birdy, it did happen to me before. I wouldn't worry about it, it fixes itself after a while, like the post count pauses. The time it chose to happen to me was when I wrote something really embarrassing during a time of distress, which then refused to edit. I know! Hope the stuff starts showing up soon, which it usually does. :)

Last edited:
In a pinch, you can always report your own post and ask us to delete it; just explain why. We won't fuss, honest!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom