Edna is out there cluckin up a storm!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FortWorthChicks, Jan 28, 2010.

1. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    That hen, I mean!! She is one of my two sweet/friendly girls but goodness!!@#, she sure can make a fuss. She likes the end box to lay in and if someone is in (HER) nest when she needs to lay she makes a fuss! Does not even look at the other boxes. lol

I have runnnn out there because I thought something got into the coop and found her angry as all get out screeeeching and giving the invador dirty looks from the perch outside the coop!

I tell you folks! This bird has cried wolf one too many times and I will not be running out there this time to check on them.

Hope everyone is fairing well in the ice storm.!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Yep, got one of those hens too. Make you think the world of predators is at their doorstep. Gotta love em.
    You stay safe too. [​IMG]

3. Big Red Hen

Big Red Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Smoaks, SC
    Quote:My Dominique did the same thing yesterday! She made such a big fuss until I had to check and see what the problem was.....another hen was in her spot. After she claimed her spot and sat for several minutes....would ya know she did even lay an egg! ugh! All that carryin' on for nuthin'.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] Goodness - my littlest - Silver Chick - makes the LARGEST noise. She will pull other hen's combs to get them out of "her" box and scream like a monster is eating her.

5. cobrien

cobrien Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Oakland, CA
    My loudmouth is Big Bad Betty. I have an Edna, too, but she is my Special Edna (she's handicapped), a Cochin, and quiet and sweet. Seems like when one loudmouth changes personality (or leaves the flock) another one steps up to fill that role.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by