Education Course??

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Mussons, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Mussons

Mussons New Egg

Feb 21, 2015
    Hi There!

I'm writing from Lakewood, Ohio an urban suburb of Cleveland. Our city has just approved a pilot program for hen keeping (very exciting!!) one stipulation of the permit application is the completion of a hen keeping class and certification. Is there an online class anyone can recommend or anyone in the Cleveland area that holds a certification course?? Thanks Much!

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I think I’d enlist the help of your county extension agent. You can find them in the phone book under county government if you still know what a phone book is, or find them online like most people do. That’s a bit of an odd request but a good agent should be able to help you. Hopefully you have a good agent.

When Fayetteville Arkansas approved chickens in the city limits the county extension agent arranged a seminar where experts spoke about what is involved in keeping chickens. It was pretty basic and tailored to the laws Fayetteville passed. I think the agent here is pretty good.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by