Educational eggs wanted (PA)

equine623

Songster
10 Years
Mar 17, 2009
NE PA
Hi everyone,
To make a long story short I am interested in getting some different sizes and colors of eggs to take to my DD's preschool. She is almost 4 and she was the only one in the class who knew that chickens lay eggs
th.gif
The teacher approached me to tell me that and then mentioned she was going to try getting a farm animal unit approved.
My thought was to bring in some of our eggs (all light brown) so the other kids could see that eggs don't just come in cartons from the store and are white. But then I thought it would be interesting if everyone could see other eggs too...
I'm more than happy to pay for a couple of eggs if someone has different colors and sizes - I do have one bantam laying at work currently but could probably use a couple examples.
Local, to me, is anywhere from Bergen County, NJ west to Monroe County PA and south to the Allentown/Bethlehem area.
Please let me know if you might be able to help with this I really appreciate it and so will the preschool!
smile.png

Jill

That is so funny about your daughter! My son was going through the testing for preschool last summer. The teacher asked him what happens if you drop an egg? Obvious answer is the egg cracks, right? Nope! He told her it makes the baby die
roll.png
Guess we are a bit addicted to hatching
tongue.png

If you wouldn't mind shipped eggs, I have some teeny tiny button quail eggs, and some not so teeny tiny jumbo quail eggs (still smaller than bantam chicken eggs though!). I also have some bantam pullet eggs that are just a little bigger than the quail eggs, and I have some duck eggs! So if you are interested, I could send a couple of each for $10, which would more or less just cover the shipping. Let me know
smile.png

WOW this is neat I thought I was crazy for doing a life cycle / hatching project in my sons class when he is only in preschool. Im doing mine in april , thats when his birthday is and he is very exctied. I was thinking the same thing to getting little tiny to giant eggs but I have financal reistrictions especally with his birthday so we will most likely just bee doing a few brown eggs i can get local for 5 dollers a dozen,
Good luck on youre project , if you want you can pm me and we can share about the preschool hatching project/ ideas.

I have eggs. Blue and all shades of brown. Non fertile though. Are you going to hatch or just show them. I'm in Hunterdon County right off Rt. 78.

I could send a couple of each of the following:
White Goose eggs from Toulouse Geese
Really big white duck eggs from Pekin Ducks
Large green duck eggs from Rouen Ducks (Mallard family)

$15 shipped

I have button quail, Coturix quail, white egg layers (chicken), brown egg layers(chicken), a green egg layer (chicken), and a dark green duck egg layer. I'd have to ask permission first from the family as not all the birds personally belong to me but I would be more than happy to send a few as long as they cooperate and lay for me. I'd probably just have you help cover the shipping cost if you were interested. I'm not sure how well the little quail eggs would ship with larger eggs though
hmm.png

I also have large geese eggs normally but the pair is going through molt and she is not laying right now.

Last edited:
Thank you so much to everyone for your generous offers!! I am going to see what I end up with so far and then possibly be in touch with some of the rest of you later on.

You guys rock
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom