EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Yummy!
SFS_Pomegranate_Glazed_Roasted_Quail_037-LEDE.jpg

Me too! And it isn't my pic! Just googled "quail dishes " I will eat some of yours! I am sure that they are tasteir then the walruses you usually eat...
Or shell I say Ralphie stack....:lau
Not yet, oh hungry one. I only have five; I need to hatch more first. :lol:

Better than walrus? Sacrilege!
Now, now, be nice. No fair picking on the poor guy when he's not here to defend himself. Although, now that I take a closer look at that walrus.......hmmm
It's definitely him. The eye twitch gives it away.

I agree.
The responsibility of educating the young generation IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENTS! It is naive ,or even stupid, to think that what 2 parents can't do with 1 teanage at home, a teacher can do with 25 ( or 35 in my case) teenagers in the classroom .
We are fortunate to have the obligatory army service, 3 years for men 2 for women, You can't belive what 2 or 3 years of service do to the characters of young men and women.
You made a very good point.:bow I'm not sure why I responded so strongly. As I reread your post today, I am embarrassed that I responded as I did below.
Yes it is. But:

1) Parenting and rules should start at day 1. Not kindergarten. Not high school. The war has already been lost. A young baby can already manipulate parents. :rolleyes:
2) The two parents are working (at least in Canada.North America) and they prefer to hand off the kid to a device rather than interact in many cases. No is not a word in many parents' vocabulary. (No was the main word in my vocabulary) :gig

I'm really glad I don't live there. I was already married and had built a house and was working on saving more money...I wouldn't have wanted to be in the army.:th
I am especially embarrassed that I said that I'm glad I don't live where you do. Other than the heat...how do I even know what I'm missing? Perhaps I would have done better than I have with the experience you speak of. I sincerely apologize Benny. :(
@Wickedchicken6 @Akrnaf2 @Farmer Connie I can't agree more with your discussion. I'm thankful my mom (born in the 70's and was a part of Gen X) thought to engage our minds from an early age and gave us a stable and structured home life. It's what I hope to do with my own son. A lot of parents my age just hand off their kids to the iPad or the TV and I can't help thinking what a waste it is for the child to never interact with their parents. While I try not to judge other's parenting I just wish more parents would actually spend time with their kids and talk or read stories to their kids. Scientific studies all tout the benefits of interacting with your kids and reading to them for a child's development, but no one seems to be listening. :barnie

(Also I seem to be an oddity. I ask my mom and mother-in-law for advice on parenting, I largely have dismissed blogs and those parenting magazines as full of bull poo. I'd ask my grandmothers too, but both passed away a long time ago.)
Your parents were wise. As are you! :bow And not odd at all. :)
I wish those words were on the tip of my tongue prior to my post. Perhaps I envy the short cuts to "ME TIME",or maybe not. Having a grandson by my side part time to help me carry on INTERACTIVE TRADITIONS is only a part time experience. My stamina in my 50's could not handle it on a full time basis. But younger parents seem to take the low road more often than the high road.
Sign of the times I suppose. Someday soon we will have machines we will be returning to the customer service counter because they don't wipe our butts good enough.
Hard work that inspires inspiration and accomplishment should be thee ultimate reward, enough to make you thrive to exceed and raise the bar higher for your next challenge. Or use an ap to do it and microwave a bag of pizza rolls and call it a night.
You are a good Grandma! :bow :hugs
My stamina has exited stage left. :gig
I don't know how it is in other countries, but here (U.S.A) I think the public school systems and colleges/universities have much to do with it. It's not the homes giving out awards and trophies to everyone for everything.
You make a very valid point. I didn't see as much of this in our school, but my nieces' school was very much like this...even down to not being able to have a birthday party without inviting the entire class, even if the children didn't like one another. No one could be left out. :confused: So strange.
Don't forget the parents who give their kids monetary rewards for doing what members of a family should be doing anyway.
That's a good point too!
I don't have a problem with an allowance, it's giving the money for no work which would be a bigger issue.
:clap
I meant to respond so much earlier than this. I thought I'd get back right away!
But better late than never. I see I missed about 400 pages. I had to leave BYC for a bit...but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things again. I missed everyone! :hugs
I hope everyone's been well. :)

Back
Top Bottom