EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Ask him how many eggs three cabinets hold, he'll know that one too... :lau

Actually their is a bottle neck in the numbers with 3 full incubators. The hatcher only holds 200 eggs comfortably or 40 per tray. Beyond that it gets overly crowded. I have done 50 to a try but they start jumping from tray to tray when you empty them then... There are 5 trays in the hatcher....I tried to sneak a small one in but it cannot be done.

So sorry about your puppy. :hugs

Not only is Trinity still broody (it's been a couple weeks now, lost track, silly thing), but now Switch has decided to go broody - but she rolled two eggs out of a nest to sit on the hen house floor instead. Crazy chicken. :rolleyes:

(Photo looking in from the egg door)

View attachment 1026180

I can sell you some normal Broodies!!! I even have a broody that has not laid an egg in 2 years, I am sure...She was a freeloader now she is a broody freeloader with a nasty temper and sharp beak.

Actually their is a bottle neck in the numbers with 3 full incubators. The hatcher only holds 200 eggs comfortably or 40 per tray. Beyond that it gets overly crowded. I have done 50 to a try but they start jumping from tray to tray when you empty them then... There are 5 trays in the hatcher....I tried to sneak a small one in but it cannot be done.
Just buy another hatcher... Simple.

Back
Top Bottom