EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I am really impressed Benny. It looks fantastic all around. Such a cool thing to be able to do.
Thanks
here another 2 Kiridashi knives I have made, one is made of Damascus steel and the other made of Chrome Vanadium spring steel that I have blued.
20200918_071824.jpg
20200918_071851.jpg
20200918_071903.jpg

My son's squad commander got a promotion, so he is leaving them, they decided to give him a present, a custom made knife, so guess who has been chosen ? :D that is the result:
Damascus steel, 2 kind of micarta has handel, DIY mosaic pin, hand made knife sheath.
Very nice. Your work was always nice, vut it is definitely improving!

Having three hens go broody at the same time in a building with only 2 nests and over 5 additional layers in the building can cause huge problems.
When the first one went broody, I marked the 9 eggs under her. Then it all went south. I couldn't keep up.
I kept pulling all the eggs they couldn't cover, put them in the incubator and when the chicks in the nests started to hatch and they left to care for the chicks I moved the remaining eggs, almost 2 dozen to the incubator.
I've been having chicks hatch in the hatcher since the setting hen's eggs hatched. They have about 10 chicks.
I'm still having chicks hatch every day in the hatcher. I moved 4 out yesterday and another new hatchling this morning.

Having three hens go broody at the same time in a building with only 2 nests and over 5 additional layers in the building can cause huge problems.
When the first one went broody, I marked the 9 eggs under her. Then it all went south. I couldn't keep up.
I kept pulling all the eggs they couldn't cover, put them in the incubator and when the chicks in the nests started to hatch and they left to care for the chicks I moved the remaining eggs, almost 2 dozen to the incubator.
I've been having chicks hatch in the hatcher since the setting hen's eggs hatched. They have about 10 chicks.
I'm still having chicks hatch every day in the hatcher. I moved 4 out yesterday and another new hatchling this morning.
Group broodies = trouble. My group didn’t end up hatching any. Not for their lack of trying. I didn’t monitor them as the nest wasn’t easy to reach, and eggs were being moved constantly.

Back
Top Bottom