EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

You are right on the edge of it being a problem. That's at 4900 ft. But just cause you are below that doesn't mean you don't have to take precautions.
The oxygen is still there but the air pressure is lower which causes the air molecules to fly around faster. That will affect humidity, oxygen, weight loss and temperature.

This may help.
Incubating Eggs at High Altitudes | The Poultry Site

Last edited:
I just put some others in lockdown..that I had shipped from Idaho..a next door neighbor..up from us. 10 of 12 going into lockdown. There are some that have already dropped! I know I counted right, and I also know that the temp ran a bit high for a while. We'll see.

I just put some others in lockdown..that I had shipped from Idaho..a next door neighbor..up from us. 10 of 12 going into lockdown. There are some that have already dropped! I know I counted right, and I also know that the temp ran a bit high for a while. We'll see.
That’s really good for shipped eggs.
I like the higher temps. 100.5.

I saw on the news that Israel has the highest vaccination rate per capita in the world.
The US is limping along but worse yet, my state, Missouri has the worst vaccination rate of all 50 states.
My health insurance company has an online questionnaire. Unless one is a healthcare worker or over 75 no go. But yet the state says I’m essential.
I will say at our office of about 40 people, it’s been the healthiest year we’ve seen in a long time. Yes we’ve had 3 positive for covid and 20 sent home with negative test however, colds and flu bugs haven’t been rampant as they have in past years. You simply DON’T come to work with any signs of sickness period. HR will send you home, if you have the nerve to show up sick in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom