EE & americanas, differant characteristics??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lottyloo, Dec 3, 2010.

1. lottyloo

lottyloo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    I have a EE but was wondering what the differant characteristics are?

Ive read that pure americanas are not very common is that right?

Also some pics to compare if anyone has any?

Thanks

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    EE's come in about any size shape and color you can imagine. Americanas are another name for EEs.

If you want to see good examples (pictures) of great looking Ameraucanas (correct spelling) go here: Ameraucana Breeders Club

3. lottyloo

lottyloo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    Oh thank you very much [​IMG]

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
  5. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Apple Hill
    mos tof the time the hatchery EE stock is so very closely relate to the beautfiul Quechua from which they arrived here in 30s

APA Ameraucanas - those are more mutts having been mixed for designer colors. Now true when you cross one of any of these you get a big mutt that people call an EE, becase the blue egg gene is dominant so "hey tis an EE - tis a mutt that makes blue - jsut a mutt EE", there aught to be a clear line of distincion.

but really most hatchery stock is so special, more Quechua than even the Quechua is anymore due to invasion by loose gringo chickens. and the name "Ameraucana" - not "Americana" - was used for these since the 30s. how did they expect not to face an uphill war forever on stealing that name?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by