EE and a white egg??

packmomma

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Argos, IN
Ok so I bought these 3 EE's this spring from a farm store. They all looked EE ish when I bought them..they all grew up to be odd looking lol. All have green legs...so why did I see her lay a white egg?? What happened to my green? I know one of the others lays green, this one I watched plop out of her butt..so I know it was her. The other hasn't laid yet. What would cause this? Is this EE maybe mixed with a white layer?

I have come to find that not all EE lay "colored" eggs.
Some might lay a pinkish-beige, light creme, green....

I understand your sadness. I have two and they only lay the light creme.
sad.png

Quote:
All EEs are mixed breed chickens, so you really never have any idea what you could get. Sorry your are disappointed, but that's the nature of the beast....
smile.png

True, true. That's what the name Easter Egger means....you can get any color out of them. I've got one that lays beautiful dark brown eggs, perhaps Maran somewhere in the liineage, and another that lays very very pale greenish tint, while 3 lay gorgeous bright green ones. If you want green eggs for sure you need to find yourself a TRUE ameraucana or Araucana (blue eggs). They can be hard to come by tho, especially the ruumpless Araucanas, as most people whho hhave EEs think and say they have Ameraucanas.

I guess I just assumed they all laid green or blue.. I was kinda hoping for blue. I got ones that looked completely different from the two I had. Guess no blue is in my future lol. OH well on the plus side when I put the eggs in the bator I can candle them with ease! I love EE's they are so awesome and sweet!

My EEs are my absolute favorites, and I have a lot of breeds. They are the friendliest and, in my opinion, the prettiest. The first EE I hatched is a gorgeous bird, with big muffs and a very fluffy head. I was seriously upset when she laid a brown egg. But, oh welll, its all the same on the inside (and I have 4 other EEs that lay gorgeous green eggs). Don't hold your breath for blue, as that is very hard to come by

Ii have hatched 9 chicks from my own stock, the daddy is a Mille Fleur D'Uccle, and I just KNOW these little biddies are gonnna be gorgeous hens....but who knows whhat color egg they will lay, wiith mutts for mamas and now cross bred daddy. They all have feathered legs (from daddy) and very fluffy faces, which I LOVE!

Back
Top Bottom