EE Chick Questions

NormansGal44

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I have three TSC EEs that are approx two weeks old. Two of my babies have most of their wing feathers in and their tails are maybe a half inch long. They both weigh 4 oz. My other baby is the same weight (3 oz) as my BSL (about the same age) and it doesn't have tail feathers and only half of its wing feathers in. It is just as tall as my other two but not as heavy. Could that be a gender predictor or are they maybe a couple days apart in age? I'm wondering if my smaller EE doesn't have the tail from the Arucana gene? She doesn't have the cheek tufts like the other two. I wish I could post pics but I guess I have to have 10 posts first?

Thanks!

first
welcome-byc.gif
It could be a slower feather I know some EE's do feather slower then others I would make sure that it is eating drinking and pooping okay it might be a rooster it might not. It still a little early to tell. Good luck and enjoy your new chicks.

They are all eating, drinking and pooping just fine. I had wondered that. I guess I'll never know what mixes my EEs are to know what genetics are mixed in for feathering. So is it true that roosters feather out slower?? I was so sure that one was a pullet! :p

Back
Top Bottom