1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EE chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kylara70, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kylara70

kylara70 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Please look at my EE chickens and reassure me what gender they are. They are all 15.5 weeks old and I would like to be sure before my next processing run. I am going to offer the roosters to some folks but if they are not taken then they need to go to freezer camp. Except for one. [​IMG]

Please be sure to tell me if you think I am wrong with any of these.

Rooster!
    [​IMG]

Pullet
    [​IMG]

Rooster!
    [​IMG]

Rooster!
    [​IMG]

Rooster!
    [​IMG]

Rooster? popular theory seems to be that this coloration for an EE can not be a pullet, but I think she is?
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think.
    Carol

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Do you have more pics of cockerel #1? Looks like a pullet to me so far. [​IMG]

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:I agree, that first one looks pulletish. The last one looks like a pullet too.

4. kylara70

kylara70 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    I was still editing the post, sorry, I am assuming you mean the last one now? I think she is a pullet too.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Okay the images suddenly switched around - I meant the last one.

6. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    If you could post pictures showing the combs, that would make it easy. At 15 1/2 weeks, if they have wide red pea combs, they're probably roos. Narrow and pink are pullets. Of course, some of yours are also showing curling roo tail feathers, which is also a big clue.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:With duckwing based EE's - The color is the first and most important thing to look at, not curling feathers and combs. [​IMG]

8. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    That first one is screaming rooster to me!!! I agree the second one is a pullet and 3-5 are roos. Can you get a picture of the last one's face? Or some more pictures of it in general?

9. BrianT

BrianT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    North FL
    I really like that first one. It's really pretty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by