EE Egg Being Laid

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GreenEggsHam, May 29, 2009.

1. GreenEggsHam

GreenEggsHam In the Brooder

Thought that those who have not seen it happen before may get a kick out of seeing one of our EE hens(Woody) laying an egg.

[​IMG]

She is a five month old hen that has been laying 6-7 pastel light green eggs weekly for about the last month.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Very nice! She looks a little dazed afterwards!

3. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel Songster

Mar 24, 2009
    Burnsville, Minnesota
    Cool! thanks for sharing this. Love the tinted eggs. I will have some EE babies in about 1 and a half weeks. [​IMG] Nice looking Hen!

4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:Looks like she way saying: "Whoa, I'm feeling dizzy...where am I? What just happened? Wait a minute, did I just lay two eggs??!!" [​IMG]

5. yellowfinns

yellowfinns In the Brooder

May 12, 2008
    Nice! I love the little spectator chicken head popping up between the camera and the egg layer! [​IMG]

6. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    I know this post was not meant to be funny, esp not in your hens eyes. And, It as interesting to watch - I have never seen egg laying so it was very cool. But, that little camera checker chicken distracted me so much that I burst out laughing at it, and I had to show it to hubby and oldest son. Thanks for the education AND the giggle! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: