EE Egg Makes DD Nice Breakfast (pics!)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bluey, Feb 3, 2009.

1. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    My youngest daughter, Jackie, saw the first EE eggs we got over the last few days. She was pretty excited over the new blue/green eggs...

Here she is in her BYC shirt (with EE egg and another of our eggs for comparison):
    [​IMG]

Of course, all four of my DD's ask for my "special eggs", cooked inside a bagel. Here they are cooking. It is noteworthy to examine the yolk colors.

[​IMG]

The EE egg is the one at 12 o'clock in the picture. Our other BR egg is at 9 o'clock. Notice the gelatinous halo of egg white on these eggs.

How pathetic do the two store bought eggs look in comparison to our fresh ones? And the whites on the store eggs were runny and thin...

Thank god for backyard chickens. If it wasn't for egg demands from family and friends, I'd never buy another store bought egg again. This was the first store bought dozen we had in many months.

I think we tend to take the awesome fresh eggs for granted until we see a pale store egg yolk again.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

Great eggs! Thanks for reminding me about how "blah" store-bought eggs are. I haven't bought any in almost a year and I think I forgot! I also have an EE that lays wonderful green eggs, but everyone that sees them asks me how they look on the inside. They think they are green through and through! [​IMG]

Enjoy! Genie

3. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    I love the bagel idea. Like a 'one eyed sailor', but using a bagel instead. We'll have to try that.

Congrats on the first EE egg! Lovely daughter too. [​IMG]

4. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Thanks, Kim!

ms...I got some similar comments and looks when I brought one into work today! funny stuff...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by