EE GENDER?

Jun 11, 2020
So I got these chickens at our feed store, June 7th and they were 4-5 days old. So I'm guessing they are about a month old... The more white one is birdie and then there's sparkles. I think sparkles is a roo... About 4-5 days ago the red popped up, birdies is reddish but not like sparkles, now I think sparkles is a few days ahead of the others because she/he developed first with everything, but what do you guys think? Do I have hens or roosters? I can't have roosters where I live so I hope I'm wrong🥺
20200703_081353.jpg
20200703_081307.jpg
20200703_081030.jpg
20200703_081352.jpg

Attachments

• 20200703_081354.jpg
    20200703_081354.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200703_081353.jpg
    20200703_081353.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 2
So I got these chickens at our feed store, June 7th and they were 4-5 days old. So I'm guessing they are about a month old... The more white one is birdie and then there's sparkles. I think sparkles is a roo... About 4-5 days ago the red popped up, birdies is reddish but not like sparkles, now I think sparkles is a few days ahead of the others because she/he developed first with everything, but what do you guys think? Do I have hens or roosters? I can't have roosters where I live so I hope I'm wrong🥺View attachment 2225095View attachment 2225097View attachment 2225099View attachment 2225102
Who is who? The silver colored one looks female. The brown/gray/red looks male.

The silver(on the left) is birdie. The one on the right is sparkles, (the one I think is a roo).. You can see the red waaay more.
And the meal feathers are different, the and is pretty layed down, and
Sparkles looks male, but you will have to wait and see.
K, stupid question but wait for what? Lol the crow? I've read something about neck feathers laying different too, and sparkles neck feathers are all hackled, but birdies are pretty and lay flat. I'm bummed😭 of course it's my chick that will end up being a roo🤦🏻‍♀️ lol

And the meal feathers are different, the and is pretty layed down, and
K, stupid question but wait for what? Lol the crow? I've read something about neck feathers laying different too, and sparkles neck feathers are all hackled, but birdies are pretty and lay flat. I'm bummed😭 of course it's my chick that will end up being a roo🤦🏻‍♀️ lol
Wait and see for it to be clear about gender. Saddle feathers, behavior, yes crowing, all that. I’m sorry. I got my first six chickens this year, and two ended up as male.:hugs

Well thank you!! Yes it's a new adventure for us, we just got some day olders too, so hopefully we have better luck. I was think sparkles is a roo too, which is why I had to ask. I appreciate you!

Don't give up hope yet! They have different combs- Birdie looks like she may have a rose comb (like a Wyandotte) and Sparkles' comb looks like a pea comb. EEs are such a mix of genes it's hard to compare hatchmates! If tiny wattles start popping out soon get worried- but for now just keep your fingers crossed. Sending pullet juju!

Back
Top Bottom