EE Genders?

Ilovemyduckies

Songster
7 Years
Feb 21, 2012
I've got a couple chicks that I'm trying to figure out the genders of. They were hatched under one of my hens, the parents are an EE rooster and either a game hen or a blue laced red wyandotte hen. I've got some guesses, but was hoping for a second opinion. (Sorry the pictures aren't better. These chicks aren't very willing to get close enough or sit still enough for me to get a decent picture)

Chick #1- Based on what I know about EE feathering, I would guess this one is a cockerel? It's starting to get some really pink comb/waddles too (I don't know if you can tell from the picture).

Chick #2 This one I'm thinking girl?

Chick #3 This one I can't tell

You need pictures of combs, but a guess based on coloration: #1 cockerel, #2 a pullet. #3 not sure, a little red on wings. This is just a guess! The experts will want to look at their combs. Also, how old are chicks?

You need pictures of combs . . . The experts will want to look at their combs. Also, how old are chicks?
X2 on frontal close-ups of their combs. Cockerels will have larger and redder combs with three rows of peas while hens will only have a single row of peas.

I would get pics of their combs if they would let me get close enough. Chick #1 is getting pretty red on his face/comb/waddles. Chick #2 is really pale, and chick #3 is right in between the two. I think most of them as single combs as only one of the parents was an EE (the rooster). There are two more chicks as well, but they don't have the EE coloring, so I don't think it'd be as easy to tell.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom