EE laying two eggs a day

Here's what the white one currently looks like. It's pouring here so this is the best I could do.

Attachments

• 20210923_131929.jpg
    20210923_131929.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210923_131932.jpg
    20210923_131932.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210923_131947.jpg
    20210923_131947.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210923_132039.jpg
    20210923_132039.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 9
Her crest is more noticeable in the younger picture but I still think she's a white legbar. Looking at pictures of mature hens, some have more or less crest on them. Also, as folks here will tell you, getting chicks from Tractor Supply can be a real toss-up as far as getting the correct breed and gender. It's a nice looking bird though!

Her crest is more noticeable in the younger picture but I still think she's a white legbar. Looking at pictures of mature hens, some have more or less crest on them. Also, as folks here will tell you, getting chicks from Tractor Supply can be a real toss-up as far as getting the correct breed and gender. It's a nice looking bird though!
Thanks! I've been trying to figure out what she is since we got her so it's nice to have people who have more experience take a look. I wasn't planning on getting anymore after we moved our original group out to the coop, but Chick Days got me lol.

I had a Turken that would lay two eggs a day occasionally. It only happened for about a month and I know it was her because I had two Turkens and two Americaunas so when there were three brown eggs in the nesting box I knew something was off. One would always be much smaller than the other but otherwise perfectly normal. Never had it happen with any other chicken before or since :confused:

My white Olive Egger is only 9 weeks but looks just like her and “should” theoretically lay green eggs. I think sometimes they start early as well. My guess is it’s her!

here’s mine for comparison:
1633142363029.jpeg

Update: I believe all of my hens are now laying as I am getting 8 distinctly different colored eggs. I am consistently getting a smaller blue egg that makes me believe that my white chicken is a Legbar. Here's a picture of the 8 different eggs. The lighting makes two of them look white but the smallest is light blue and the bigger one is light green.

Attachments

• 20210930_154606.jpg
    20210930_154606.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211002_065452.jpg
    20211002_065452.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 10
Update: I believe all of my hens are now laying as I am getting 8 distinctly different colored eggs. I am consistently getting a smaller blue egg that makes me believe that my white chicken is a Legbar. Here's a picture of the 8 different eggs. The lighting makes two of them look white but the smallest is light blue and the bigger one is light green.
That makes for a beautiful skelter

Hello,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I currently have 8 hens:

-2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 EEs, and 1 Barnevelder that are 26 weeks
-1 that I believe is a Mystic Onyx that is approximately 24 weeks
- 1 Midnight Majesty that is approximately 18 weeks
- 1 white hen with one black spot that I'm not sure of the breed that is also 18 weeks

I give the breakdown of my flock because I'm really confused at the eggs I've gotten on 9/21 and today. My buffs and EEs have been laying for several weeks and my Mystic Onyx just started laying. On 9/21 I collected 5 eggs at lunchtime but noticed that later in the afternoon my one EE was agitated in the hen house and started laying in the nesting box. She proceeded to lay a huge egg that was a double yolk. So I collected 3 EE eggs that day. Today I collected 6 eggs at lunchtime- 3 of those being EE colored.

My question is, is one of my EEs laying two eggs or could one of my other hens somehow be laying green eggs?

I have attached pictures of my flock and the eggs. The pictures of the hens are from about a month ago so they've changed a little.
I have a chicken that sometimes lays two a day and she is young for laying and eggs are hudge just watch her to make sure she doesnt get prolasped vent or anything of that sort

Back
Top Bottom