EE or pure? Also...gender?

Quote:
Basically yes, though more like the other breeds were derived from EE/Quechua (original blue egger breed from South America). However, Ameraucanas and Araucanas - true bred - are pure bred, as we know their lineage and they can be reproduced for the same outcome time and time again. Easter Eggers are a mixed pot - all kinds of different traits and characteristics, mixed blood with other breeds, and you never know what you're gonna get (for the most part).

Okay so if this is true then... I was also told that Estes was the original importer of the EE's and that their lines are the purest of the breed! If this is true then how would they have "mixed blood"?

Quote:
Basically yes, though more like the other breeds were derived from EE/Quechua (original blue egger breed from South America). However, Ameraucanas and Araucanas - true bred - are pure bred, as we know their lineage and they can be reproduced for the same outcome time and time again. Easter Eggers are a mixed pot - all kinds of different traits and characteristics, mixed blood with other breeds, and you never know what you're gonna get (for the most part).

Okay so if this is true then... I was also told that Estes was the original importer of the EE's and that their lines are the purest of the breed! If this is true then how would they have "mixed blood"?

Ah, they are not the same "breed". What you've been told about are Quechua - the original blue egglaying South American breed that was imported into the US. I've never had a "EE" from Estes, so I can't say if they are more pure Quechua lineage or type. I'd love to tell you more about the Quechua, but my knowledge is limited. From what I do know, pure Quechua are very rare.

However, when you order a EE from a hatchery, it's likely to have had production breeds HEAVILY bred into them for better egg production and other various things. My EE from Ideal, Gem, has a very production type body - not like a Quechua at all.

So, just because it's an EasterEgger, doesn't mean it's a Quechua and reversed.
smile.png
Confusing, I know.

Back
Top Bottom