EE or pure?

Quote:
I know that Salmon is a color variety. The most common color of Faverolles is Salmon. I also know that they have feathered legs. I was just saying that he was colored similar to a Salmon Faverolle male. He could have been a poor quality example of the breed. I also know about EE's. You said that yellow legs was a sure sign that he is an EE. BUT MOST EEs have green legs. Not all, but most. So how could yellow legs be a sure sign?

All that said, I agree that the bird could be an Easter Egger.

Quote:
Because an Ameraucana would have black or slate legs. EE's can have any color legs and his are yellow.

Quote:
Because an Ameraucana would have black or slate legs. EE's can have any color legs and his are yellow.

OH, I get it now. Thanks. I'm going to quit posting on anything that even remotely resembles an EE.
hide.gif
duc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

???? Your response makes no sense in reference to the quote.

Quote:
dsquard was refering back to this quote. Banjoe meant that since the bird had yellow legs, he couldn't be a purebred. I took me awhile to understand it, too.

Quote:
dsquard was refering back to this quote. Banjoe meant that since the bird had yellow legs, he couldn't be a purebred. I took me awhile to understand it, too.

If the OP was asking if this were a pure araucana, it would.

pips&peeps :

Quote:

If the OP was asking if this were a pure araucana, it would.​

There was also discussion of whether it might be a faverolle (not that they have yellow legs, lol). Lots of times using plenty of words to say one's entire thought process is well worth the effort.

Just to clarify a misconception. A true araucana does not have to be rumpless or tufted. Those two traits are what you breed toward but can be tricky to accomplish. However the bird in question has a muff and a beard and is not a purebred araucana.

If an araucana is born with a tail or does not have tufts and yet comes out of two purebred parents it still is a purebred araucana not an EE. When bred to a rumpless bird with tufts it can produce rumpless tufted birds.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom