EE pullet laid first egg 1 month ago nothing since?

Mbrady71

Songster
5 Years
Mar 25, 2019
My other pullets are starting to lay eggs. Out of 6 I have 2 that are regular every other day. My E.E. laid her first egg in front of me a month ago and nothing since. They are not free range, so no hiding,and not eating them. The other 3 have not started yet. Hers are blue so it's pretty easy to say when she does finally lay another? Good diet and treats fresh water daily and good light. Go in a pull around cart in yard since we have preditors. Is it because she does not have a nest box. The others always lay in the grass. Her first egg was in the grass. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this. Thank you.
Ps. She does squat for me and comb has been red so everyday I think today is the day... this bird birthday was beginning of March 2019.

I personally like a ration that has 18-20% protein. Most layers have 16% and are formulated to be fed as the sole ration. If you add extras you dilute the protein down which can affect laying in some. Something to keep in mind. I personally like a non medicated starter grower or an All Flock ration with a separate bowl of oyster shells for the calcium needs. I personally don't use a layer.

This time of year those that are starting up often do it later and they aren't as productive. By early next spring production will surge, and you will see your best production.

I personally like a ration that has 18-20% protein. Most layers have 16% and are formulated to be fed as the sole ration. If you add extras you dilute the protein down which can affect laying in some. Something to keep in mind. I personally like a non medicated starter grower or an All Flock ration with a separate bowl of oyster shells for the calcium needs. I personally don't use a layer.

This time of year those that are starting up often do it later and they aren't as productive. By early next spring production will surge, and you will see your best production.
X2! You said it very well. Good advice!

Thank you. I found this interesting this morning she was trying to sit on the wooden egg I have in there overnight bed. She was rolling it Round and sitting on it instead of wanting to go outside...She let me move her outside no problem,...She couldn't be broody already with one egg a month ago? Maybe just finally taken interest in the egg it's been in there for awhile now... She is the most mothering to all the others. She has always layed on top of the smaller birds and wings over them at night. I don't have a roost yet so they huddle in a ball at night. Your thoughts are appreciated. No rooster in flock either.

She's probably getting ready to lay another egg. New layers may spend hours goofing around in the nests, and may go in and out. They haven't learned what sensations mean the egg is ready to come out.

She's probably getting ready to lay another egg. New layers may spend hours goofing around in the nests, and may go in and out. They haven't learned what sensations mean the egg is ready to come out.
OMG you are so right ......She just layed a perfect blue egg!!!! Wow thank you so much, I am going to change feed as you both suggested.

Success looks white but it is blue. The others sand and white. She is the black one.
20190813_212711.jpg

Attachments

• 20190822_131250.jpg
    20190822_131250.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom