EE pullet or cockerel

bayouhomestead

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2015
Southern Louisiana
Hi there, I am new to the chicken word. I recently purchased 15 chicks of various breeds from my pet chicken. I am wondering if anyone can give me a clue on whether this 3 week old EE is a pullet or cockerel?

Beautiful chick but, I'm on the fence regarding gender. If you wait till 6-8 weeks of age and post photos at "what breed or gender is this," I would expect someone to know.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! X2 on drumstick divas advice on waiting untill about 6-8 weeks and posting some pics in the what breed gender section.

Wishing you the very best of luck and I love your pic! Very cute chick.
Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I don't see anything screaming cockerel on your EE, so I'm leaning toward pullet at this time. However, I agree with drumstick diva and Yorkshire coop about re-posting at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this at about 6 weeks of age. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your EE. I hope I'm right and it turns out to be a pullet. :eek:)

Thank you all so much! I am excited to be a part of the chicken world and share my journey with you.. I will be sure to post again in the provided link in about 3 weeks when she or he is a little bigger :)

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

I'm not seeing any obvious cockerel signs at this age, but it is too young to be certain. He/she is very cute!

Back
Top Bottom