EE roo or hen?

timierinrn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
This is my first time owning chickens and I was told that they were all pullets by the farmer I bought them from, but even the day I got them the bird in question just looked like a roo to me! He assured me she was not an alarm clock, but she has thick legs with what look like possible spur buds, a little thicker comb than my other EE, more orange and beetle shiny green on the feathers and the tail looks questionable to me. Just curious what everyone else thinks. I have not heard any crowing and she doesn't seem to be the most dominant chicken of the group. They are between 5-6months old I think, but I am not really sure! Thanks for the help, if this is a roo I will sadly have to rehome it before it starts to get loud!

Well, I guess my Wynona is now a Waylon Jennings and he needs to find a new home :(
Thank you so much for your help!
Do you think the other EE in the pic is a hen? She looks more delicate to me than he does.

i feel your pain!! If only there was some way we could stop them talking
big_smile.png

hehe I don't even mind him talking! I kind of like it, but my neighbor is a bit of a jerk and he will raise hell of I have a crowing roo in my backyard. I guess he must not hear his own dog barking at all hours of the night :/

Back
Top Bottom