EE's..took forever to know they were pullets..now when will they lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Gindee77, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    I have 3 EE's that are almost 21 weeks old and two of them are showing definite signs of getting ready to lay and have been for over a week now. (Squatting and acting like they are interested in the nest boxes) I was wondering how old EE's usually are when they start to lay? I'm curious about other people's experiences with EE's.

I'm getting so anxious to have green or blue eggs! [​IMG]

I'm just not sure when to expect them. [​IMG]

When did your EE's start to lay??

2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Everybody told me that my EEs should be the last chickens to lay. Well I was happy when they were the FIRST to lay. Mine was 20 weeks old when I got my first egg. I say just keep looking in the nest for the eggs. I know not the best advice, but the wait is well worth it!

When I saw the first egg I was [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] my hubby didnt see what the big deal was though. [​IMG]

3. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Thanks Havi. I had never heard that about EE's before. But they way mine are going, I believe it! haha I will just be patient.

Can anyone else tell me when their EEs started to lay?

4. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I have 3 ee's. One just started to lay Wednesday. She was 21 weeks old on Friday. Since then, I have been getting an egg a day from her. Today the egg she laid was bigger than the small eggs we had been getting from her.

The others are exactly the same age, and are not laying yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started laying any day now, and your's along with them.

P.S I know specifically who laid the egg, because now she insists on laying in the garage every morning around 10 am [​IMG]

5. sfcityfarmer

sfcityfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2008
    My 22 week old EE hasn't started yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by