Effect of nutritional intake on the gender ratio of chicks

Ital, the way humans regulate pH for gender has nothing to do with food. This is a family forum so I'll just leave it at that.

If you can figure out how to control gender of chicks, or how to tell if they are male or female when laid, that would be so cool!

Ital, the way humans regulate pH for gender has nothing to do with food. This is a family forum so I'll just leave it at that.

If you can figure out how to control gender of chicks, or how to tell if they are male or female when laid, that would be so cool!
Hmm, intriguing. Can’t find anything other than eating dark greens and avoiding alcohol sugar ect. to raise ph.
Pretty sure nutritional intake affects it, too much milk can cause osteoporosis because the low ph prevents calcium uptake, I’ve seen this with my own birds laying soft shelled eggs, it resolved when I stopped giving them kefir.
Lots of people feed them clover with no reports of it affecting gender so I guess phytoestrogens won’t work.
I’ve got English dotted whites arriving today, supposed to be calm friendly birds so hopefully I’ll be able to keep the spare males together and not need to re home them.

Okay. The longer a woman is "aroused" the more likely she is to have a higher pH in the Fallopian tubes. Male sperm do better in a higher pH, female sperm in a lower pH. It is thought that the reason the men of Israel were circumcised is because their arousal would be slower and thus they would take longer to ejaculate, thus giving their sons a better chance than their daughters (if he doesn't leak).

A person's overall health from eating well and avoiding alcohol doesn't come into play.

Okay. The longer a woman is "aroused" the more likely she is to have a higher pH in the Fallopian tubes. Male sperm do better in a higher pH, female sperm in a lower pH. It is thought that the reason the men of Israel were circumcised is because their arousal would be slower and thus they would take longer to ejaculate, thus giving their sons a better chance than their daughters (if he doesn't leak).

A person's overall health from eating well and avoiding alcohol doesn't come into play.
Wow! Makes me wonder how people figured these things out, keeping birds that can coexist happily in a bachelor group seems more likely an achievable way to resolve the excess male issue for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom