Egg aprons

chickylou

Songster
10 Years
Jan 29, 2009
Valparaiso
Do you egg experienced chicken owners know of any egg aprons?

I have three girls (13, 6 and 3). They all want to collect eggs, and I was wondering about them starting on a winter project of making an egg collecting apron.

Is a basket better? What creates the least amount of loss when collecting?

I could have them do basket decorating instead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance...
smile.png

The only bad thing about collecting in pockets is if you lean down funny or bump into something you will have scrambled eggs in your pocket...lol. I have done this many times. We have a little picnic looking basket that my kids take out and collect eggs in. It is light enough for them, but carries a lot of eggs.

traditonally egg collection was done with a wire basket, lined with something soft like excelsior. Nowadays, foam rubber, an old towel, or anything else "cushiony" would work as well.

Then teach your youngsters to treat the eggs with delicate care, as they are Life itself.

I agree with the other posts. Baskets are the way to go. They could each decorate their basket.

I would say baskets instead of a wearable egg collecting thingy...I came home from work one evening drove straight down to the barn instead of going up to the house to change...well I didn't have anything to put my eggs in except my pockets(I wear scrubs...LOTs of pockets there, lol) Needless to say, I was later standing at the kitchen sink and leaned a bit too far into the counter and CRACK...well, you know the rest of that story....
sickbyc.gif

I found a wire egg basket (a real one, not a decorative imitation) at goodwill for $3. I just need to make a liner. They have all kinds of wicker baskets for cheap as well. I am sure you could find a different basket for each munchkin.

Back
Top Bottom