egg bound or what else could it be?

also its late so my brain isnt working but her crop was huge and watery. bigger than my otber girls. i gave them all a dust bath and checked them out. the sick ones was big and scoushy. also before i gave her a bath i tried to syringe her vent to make aure there were no egg pieces and she puked. it was stinky! when i had her in a separate box i noticed ahe pooped but was more like diaharrea

also its late so my brain isnt working but her crop was huge and watery. bigger than my otber girls. i gave them all a dust bath and checked them out. the sick ones was big and scoushy. also before i gave her a bath i tried to syringe her vent to make aure there were no egg pieces and she puked. it was stinky! when i had her in a separate box i noticed ahe pooped but was more like diaharrea
Sounds like she is very ill. Do not bathe her again and do not syringe anything into her vent.

Is a vet an option?

Sounds like she is very ill. Do not bathe her again and do not syringe anything into her vent.

Is a vet an option?
the only appointment they had was the 9th and it was 100 to secure it but i wasnt confident she would make it till then

She may not and it may actually be too late to try antibiotics.
well i guess im just gonna keep an eye on her and gove her more yogurt, flax seeds, food and water with electrolites/probiotics.

wish there were more poultry vets! is there any resource to see if there are any other ones closer to me?

well i guess im just gonna keep an eye on her and gove her more yogurt, flax seeds, food and water with electrolites/probiotics.

wish there were more poultry vets! is there any resource to see if there are any other ones closer to me?
What's best is a complete balanced diet.
Commercially made poultry crumbled or pelleted feed is just that.
Every time you feed anything but this balanced feed you are taking away from the bird getting a balanced diet which will cause problems.

At this point she does sound very ill so I guess feeding her what ever wouldn't hurt much.

Back
Top Bottom