coopedchicken

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2021
My chicken is about two years old and has been acting weird since yesterday. She was slow and laying down most of the day (lethargic) and seemed to be trying to push something out. Upon further inspection, she has a bulge right under her vent which I suspect after watching some videos is the blockage in the intestines (poop) from being egg bound.

I tried bathing her yesterday in warm 100 degree water for 25 minutes as suggested online with salt in it but not much progress has been made since. After the bath she was dried with a towel and she pooped out a tiny bit of milky liquid and we returned her into the coop for the night. She is still in the coop this morning and has not come out.

Any advice on what to do? We could not feel any hard egg shell and she has a history of not laying or laying very thin shelled eggs. Before yesterday, she was acting completely normal and upbeat. We got our chickens when they were about one year old. Going to the vet may not be possible in my situation. I had just had another chicken attacked yesterday so is it possible she is under stress and has some other affliction? Please help

Back
Top Bottom