Egg break inside / soft shell

Pics
Maybe I pushed too hard having her outside for a few hours yesterday but she seemed ok. Today after what seemed like progress Genny is looking like it’s her time to go. We both fought so hard but I don’t think she has any fight left. Sitting with her on my lap now. Her eyes are closed and she is pretty limp but still breathing. I’m going to give her a minute to go on her own and will consider helping her transition if she stays in this state much longer. I was hoping for a miracle story but it seems so unlikely with EYP 😔

Maybe I pushed too hard having her outside for a few hours yesterday but she seemed ok. Today after what seemed like progress Genny is looking like it’s her time to go. We both fought so hard but I don’t think she has any fight left. Sitting with her on my lap now. Her eyes are closed and she is pretty limp but still breathing. I’m going to give her a minute to go on her own and will consider helping her transition if she stays in this state much longer. I was hoping for a miracle story but it seems so unlikely with EYP 😔
:hugsI'm sorry.

Oh, @Skibum , I'm so sorry. We had to say good-bye to two of our hens last year. One collapsed in the night due to a liver hemorrhage which I think was due to bad genetics, and the other had ascites which turned out to be a symptom of cancer for her. Boy, it was a time for all of us... She was so patient while we learned how to give her medication and how to drain her abdomen to make her more comfortable. We spent lots of time together cuddling until she ended up in our bathtub which was our makeshift hospital coop for her at the end - towels, heat lamp, water and electrolytes and mash and scrambled eggs, and cardboard box on it's side so she'd feel more protected. I know how hard it is to say good-bye to a favorite hen. She's lucky to have you there taking the best care of her you can and you're lucky to be her companion through this transition. Hang in there - I'm thinking about you guys.

Back
Top Bottom