Egg Candeling Recomendation

arbucklemurphy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Arbuckle, CA
Can you recomend and egg candler to me that is reasonably priced. I have a 4-H poultry project and we are hatching eggs for the first time. We have been studying egg development and I would like to be able to accuratly show them on the eggs as we go along. I see a lot of differnet ones on the internet and not sure which one to get?

Thanks

yeap mini MAG light nice and cheap and does the job fine always worked for me forget the proper thing just a waste of money
smile.png
smile.png

I have a few LED flashlights from Home Depot and they work wonderfully! Makes candeling a breeze plus they are inexpensive and dont heat up like projector bulbs can tend to.

ok. So just to make sure I 'm doing this right. I take the egg large end up and place the flashlight on top of it and we should be able to see things going on?

I also have a LED Maglight that I use. I need a toilet paper tube I guess.....anyway

I made this:
25228_610443100521_55007926_34622557_6102649_n.jpg

and drilled a 3/4" hole in the top of a tall ravioli can:
25228_610442900921_55007926_34622555_3166902_n.jpg

I put a CFL bulb in the socket because the floodlight got too hot. I used the can on top of the flashlight too.
Both worked well.

I used all kinds of things that worked ok but then I found the Cool-Lite Candler for $10.95 at Cutler Supply when I bought my Hovabator...The Cool-Lite is by far the best thing I have ever used for candling. You don't even have to take the eggs out of the turner to candle them!!!!!! It is WELL worth the $10.95!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

My SO is a bit of a flashlight junkie, so we have all kinds floating around here, plain flashlights, Maglites, you name it-- large and small.

We candled a few days ago with an LED flashlight (small enough to be able to fit the egg right on top), and I was blown away at how well it worked.

The LED is definitely the light for us.

Back
Top Bottom