Egg Candling! Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices.

Pics
If you mean because it's difficult to see what's going on because the chick fills the egg, you can still often get an idea of what is going on inside the egg when candling from the air cell. You might even see the internal pip, a little triangle shape where the chick pipped through the internal membrane.

If you mean in general, after lockdown you can still candle your eggs I just try not to rotate them too much from the position that I put them in for lockdown because this is the timeframe that the chick should be turning to get into position for hatch. Keeping the humidity elevated and stable (meaning don't open the Incubator to candle, lol) is only important once there are external pips to help keep the membrane from drying out. :)
Thank u

5-10-21 Day 5.jpg
5-10-21 (1-2).jpg

This morning I found two eggs with small little cracks in them when I put them in the incubator they were not there what can cause this to happen and what do you prefer most wax or nail polish.

This morning I found two eggs with small little cracks in them when I put them in the incubator they were not there what can cause this to happen and what do you prefer most wax or nail polish.

The eggs with crack are definitely developing? Is it possible that you put them down rough when putting them back into the Incubator? They shouldn't just randomly have cracks.

I never touched these two eggs I saw them when I looked in the morning there is a very small line on one and another on the other egg.

Back
Top Bottom