Egg Cartons!

Egg cartons... Well I ALMOST bought some from egg cartons.com.. but ended up buying from my local feed store. After the volume discount (I bought two hundred) and lack of shipping necessary.. the local feed store was pretty competitive with egg cartons.com. Also, I asked people at work.. and ended up getting dozens and dozens for free.. try that. You might be surprised!

Also, I kinda chuckle over the "need to sterilize the egg cartons" thinking. This seems entirely unnecessary to me and should be NOTHING to be concerned about.. Let's think about this for a moment....

An egg travels down the oviduct and exits the cloaca.. an opening shared with the excretory tract. I wonder how many bacteria in there? Next the egg falls into a nest that multiple chickens share... all with poopy feet and other microbial nastiness..... and people are worried about getting bacteria from egg cartons?? Ha ha ha. I don't think there has ever been a documented case of any disease transmission from an egg carton. But would be interested to read about it!

Back
Top Bottom