DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
Not sure if I SHOULD BE POSTING THIS HERE

but I 'm lookin to but some empty egg cartons for resale my home grow eggs , I'm a small time farmer /chicken layer loooking to sell some of the x-tra eggs not looking for a 1000 ct right now but 100 to 200 or so to start that would get me by for a while

anyway where do you all get ur cartons from and really cheap too

Al

muddler6

Songster
12 Years
Sep 12, 2007
Jefferson County, PA
You could have a "Bring your own carton" policy for the people who come to you. I haven't sold any, but the people I have given some extra eggs to, I asked them to save some styrofoam cartons (I know they aren't eco friendly and all that, but they are being re-used at least) and I cleaned them for them and gave them back with eggs in them. There is a carton website that I have read others write about too.

talkinboutmygirls

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Do you have an active "freecycle" group in your neighborhood? There's tons o ftuff availabke and if you'd request them, I feel quite certain you'd get responses - and for free!

Check out freecycle.org

ruth

Life is a Journey
12 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Woodville, MS
I just got my new egg cartons yesterday and made my own labels. I ordered them from eggcartons.com, a BYC sponsor:

I ordered 200 and the price dropped to about .28 cents each. You can order as few as 25 for $12.95 which makes them about .50 cents each but the price per carton drops the more you order. I got 200 at $56.95 so about .28 cents each. I ordered the plastic because friends, family and customers can save them for me and they can be washed and reused. I'm just starting to sell eggs and I wanted something that looked more clean and professional than all the old saved egg cartons from various commercial places.

chickiebaby

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
western mass
We just started off with cartons from our neighbors and now they all bring us cartons to reuse. Occasonally there's a crunch and I post on freecycle.com. I love freecycle!

chilisweet

Songster
11 Years
Jun 17, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Hey what do ya know, I'm selling my McMurry Hatchery egg cartons. I ordered 50 of the clear that snap in half, to have 6 in each half. They do have a label on them with a rooster, and a spot for you to put your own label or phone number. I love the egg cartons but don't like the label, as I have my own label business. Don't really need the label and that is the only reason why I'm selling them.

I did use 4 cartons, so I have 46, and with shipping included I will sell them to you for $20.

Let me know if that works for you.

~Caran

Top Bottom