egg changes OR a super late bloomer?

HennyTerri83

Chirping
May 30, 2021
hey chicken friends 🙋🏻‍♀️

i *thought* all three of my olive eggers were contributing to my beautiful olive eggs. they started laying in september - first egg around 19 weeks. shortly after my others began laying. last week (carry the 3.....) at about 25 weeks, one of my eggs either changed (does that happen?!) or one of my chickens JUUUUST started laying. i haven’t had speckles on my olive eggs - until now - and i love it.

is she just a late-bloomer? or did something hiccup inside her to alter the egg? pic because they’re so pretty 😍

Attachments

• C9A3AC84-CD51-4BDB-A4BF-16B5F3CD41B2.jpeg
    C9A3AC84-CD51-4BDB-A4BF-16B5F3CD41B2.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 4
hey chicken friends 🙋🏻‍♀️

i *thought* all three of my olive eggers were contributing to my beautiful olive eggs. they started laying in september - first egg around 19 weeks. shortly after my others began laying. last week (carry the 3.....) at about 25 weeks, one of my eggs either changed (does that happen?!) or one of my chickens JUUUUST started laying. i haven’t had speckles on my olive eggs - until now - and i love it.

is she just a late-bloomer? or did something hiccup inside her to alter the egg? pic because they’re so pretty 😍
Speckles can be layed by anyone. It does not indicate a different layer.

Right now Olive is one of my best layers. I usually get one from her every day. She's only 9 months old, and she is a Black Copper Marans cross.
awesome. two of mine are marans crosses. one looks more blue splash of something. i get one green. one light brown. one dark brown daily. 7 of my 9 are probably close to or laying so not sure why i’m only getting 3. i guess we’ll see how the spring goes!

Back
Top Bottom