Egg chirping yet not piped

Chickychicky111

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
So yesterday, day 21 of chick incubation, I had 7 chicks hatch. ( I began with 12, two stopped developing) There are three more left in the incubator, and one is chirping. It has no pip. I candled it to see what was happening, and I saw a beak in the air cell. It has been over 24 hours since the first chick has pipped. Also, I should mention that the humidity tanked last night because I left a vent at the top open.:he It dropped to like 20%!!! Is the chick shrink wrapped? If it is chirping, does that mean that it’s yolk has ascended? It’s a green egg. Do I need to intervene? If so, how? Today is day 22. Someone please help!!:bow

Definitely put a safety hole in air cell, but you may need to go ahead any chip off some of the egg shell too. Stop if there is a lot of blood and let it rest in the incubator until it is ready.

Thank you so much! I did this, and found out the chick was shrink wrapped. I wet the membrane, and peeled the shell and membrane away. He hatched yesterday, with two extra toes. His name is Survivor, and is doing great! Out of the twelve chicks we began with, 8 made it. They are happy and healthy in the brooder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 8
That's wonderful news! At least with its two extra toes you will always be able to tell it apart from the others! Haha. And give it the most attention and more treats 😋 I think it's deserving of being the spoilt one.

Back
Top Bottom