egg cleaner

Carson213

Songster
Aug 31, 2020
West Coast
I am restoring my grandparent’s egg cleaning machine. it is basically a dry, fine sand paper belt that cleans 12 eggs at a time. my grandparents used to have 1200 chickens and sold eggs to the hatchery and for consumption. i’ve been looking online to find other “dry” cleaning machines and can’t find anything. i have back roll outs...so my eggs are clean. however, i am just curious about “dry” cleaning machines. does anyone on here have a modern machine? i like that if you have eggs in a traditional nesting box, you can clean it without water and not by hand.

I am restoring my grandparent’s egg cleaning machine. it is basically a dry, fine sand paper belt that cleans 12 eggs at a time. my grandparents used to have 1200 chickens and sold eggs to the hatchery and for consumption. i’ve been looking online to find other “dry” cleaning machines and can’t find anything. i have back roll outs...so my eggs are clean. however, i am just curious about “dry” cleaning machines. does anyone on here have a modern machine? i like that if you have eggs in a traditional nesting box, you can clean it without water and not by hand.

Where are you located?

Different places have different regulations about what is permitted and/or required for egg sales.

Is there an Ag college nearby where you might find someone knowlegable about/interested in historical egg production equipment?

Maybe your local Ag office could put you in touch with someone?

Where are you located?

Different places have different regulations about what is permitted and/or required for egg sales.

Is there an Ag college nearby where you might find someone knowlegable about/interested in historical egg production equipment?

Maybe your local Ag office could put you in touch with someone?
why are there no dry egg cleaners?

the company that made this one no longer exists. not everyone has roll outs. if you wash with water you should refrigerate. a dry cleaner is a great option but nobody sells one...

Back
Top Bottom