Egg color is half chocolate and half cream

Do you have a picture of the egg?

You probably could breed and sell chickens that laid eggs like that.

Do you have a picture of the egg?

You probably could breed and sell chickens that laid eggs like that.

Looks to me like uneven coloring. The brown color is applied to eggs last before they are laid. Sometimes you get weird coloring if the egg goes through too quickly. Is it a new layer? Does she always lay like that or is it just a one time thing? If it's just one odd egg, I wouldn't be concerned. I've gotten random eggs with weird coloring here & there but I don't worry if it doesn't happen all the time.

Looks to me like uneven coloring. The brown color is applied to eggs last before they are laid. Sometimes you get weird coloring if the egg goes through too quickly. Is it a new layer? Does she always lay like that or is it just a one time thing? If it's just one odd egg, I wouldn't be concerned. I've gotten random eggs with weird coloring here & there but I don't worry if it doesn't happen all the time. 

6 potential new layers.
They or someone laid last Sunday which is the pale egg.

Second egg was Tuesday smaller and 2 colors
third one was the dark one even smaller and obviously all chocolate w spots.

My chicks haven't crowed they are delaware. Rir ee and barred rock.
My is very vocal.
I don't know if a pattern of every other day but total different egg size and color be from 1, 2 or 3 of the girls.
I did catch my rir yawning like she was gonna crow without sound. I got that on film

Back
Top Bottom