Egg Color question

Clousic Chicks

Songster
5 Years
May 20, 2015
Spokane, Washington
Good Day, All!
I have two 23-24 week old ducks, the parentage of which is drake: Khaki Campbell; duck: Welsh Harlequin, Rouen or Blue Swedish.

This morning I was out at my chicken coop checking for eggs when something caught my eye...after checking for chicken eggs I went over and investigated. It was what appeared to be a chicken egg laid on the grass near our raspberries---exactly where my ducks hang out most of the day! Since I have new chicken layers I assumed it was a chicken egg because it was very light brown. I decided to use it right away for scrambled eggs. I cracked all my eggs open and when I got to this one the first thing I noticed as the yoke scrambled like a duck egg--and when I cooked it the albumin was very thick--like a duck egg! Could my young duck be laying a light brown egg? My hens are faithful about laying in the nesting boxes--in fact, it's not uncommon to find two of them in the same box. I've been keeping my eye out for duck eggs laid wherever and my youngest duck was acting very, very strange this morning. This would be my first duck egg from these two.

Thanks for any and ALL responses!

Good Day, All!
I have two 23-24 week old ducks, the parentage of which is drake: Khaki Campbell; duck: Welsh Harlequin, Rouen or Blue Swedish.

This morning I was out at my chicken coop checking for eggs when something caught my eye...after checking for chicken eggs I went over and investigated. It was what appeared to be a chicken egg laid on the grass near our raspberries---exactly where my ducks hang out most of the day! Since I have new chicken layers I assumed it was a chicken egg because it was very light brown. I decided to use it right away for scrambled eggs. I cracked all my eggs open and when I got to this one the first thing I noticed as the yoke scrambled like a duck egg--and when I cooked it the albumin was very thick--like a duck egg! Could my young duck be laying a light brown egg? My hens are faithful about laying in the nesting boxes--in fact, it's not uncommon to find two of them in the same box. I've been keeping my eye out for duck eggs laid wherever and my youngest duck was acting very, very strange this morning. This would be my first duck egg from these two.

Thanks for any and ALL responses!
Can you post pictures of the shell?

Back
Top Bottom