Egg color question

I apologize if this is a dumb question. I've always had chickens, but we're fairly new to the fancier "breeds". :) We have a couple sapphire olive egger pullets that we bought at our local TSC in March. The darker one is laying a nice brown (yes, brown!) egg, and the other hasn't started laying yet, to the best of my knowledge. Today, we noticed that their earlobes are different colors. The darker, brown egg laying girl has darker earlobes, kind of a red, but with some white as well. The lighter girl has white to light teal earlobes. I know that sometimes earlobe color is linked to egg color. Is is possible that she will lay olive eggs? Either way, we love them, and they aren't going anywhere! :)

Also, I read that it's common for easter eggers to be later bloomers when it comes to laying eggs. Since the lighter silver girl isn't laying yet, maybe that means she'll lay colored eggs? Is it all colored egg layers that are late bloomers, or just the ees/ameraucanas?

Here are our silver girls (in the back, right) with some of their sisters. :)
View attachment 1862993
My Easter's were later layers but a month later then the red that I have. They always later very light colored eggs. Not a light brown but more of a white. It was not until recently they started laying colored eggs. It took both of them about 2 months to lay colored eggs and they both did it a day apart.

Back
Top Bottom