Egg death at day 14?

Kiali

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2021

This lil guy had dark veins yesterday and was moving around - today they have all disappeared - should I remove from incubator? There's still some very faint veins but nothing like yesterday.

If you're not sure whether he's still alive, it wouldn't hurt to keep it in there until lockdown.
Okay! I marked the air cell to be sure. I've just repeatedly heard about them exploding or contaminating the rest 😬

I'm fairly sure it's sitting stable, I'm going to add a secondary thermometer now to be sure though. We are having an issue keeping humidity stable 😫 all the rest looked fine but trying not to touch them too much - is it worth another check over or just wait the three days until lockdown to double check the rest

I'm fairly sure it's sitting stable, I'm going to add a secondary thermometer now to be sure though. We are having an issue keeping humidity stable 😫 all the rest looked fine but trying not to touch them too much - is it worth another check over or just wait the three days until lockdown to double check the rest
Number one incubator rule is never trust built in thermometers. Always purchase separate thermometers to calibrate.

I'm willing to bet you have a hot spot in your incubator.

What has your humidity level been at throughout?

Back
Top Bottom