Egg died at day 20

Ohiorooster

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2022
I had 6 eggs. 5 hatched. One was alive day before due date but hardly moving. Air cell was small ? I cracked egg and chick was fully formed. Alot lf liquid came out. I think she drowned. Why would 5 be fine and one with too small air cell or flooded?

I had 6 eggs. 5 hatched. One was alive day before due date but hardly moving. Air cell was small ? I cracked egg and chick was fully formed. Alot lf liquid came out. I think she drowned. Why would 5 be fine and one with too small air cell or flooded?
Some just have a failure to thrive, it just happens.

I have one like this in almost every hatch (I have been hatching for years). Don't feel too bad. Many reasons it could happen, most beyond your control. 5/6 is a great hatch rate. 😊
Yeah i started with an old galvinized incubator i found in house i bought. I got 3 chicks out of 21 eggs. I got a farm innovator 4250. And i build my own lock down bator. That chick that died out of the 6 was transferred from the old bator. Learned so much.im now a master ' bator.
0831220547.jpg

Attachments

• 0830222310.jpg
    0830222310.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 3
Ive had the same thing happen to me, never piped. Not even through the membrane. Some chicks just don’t make it. It happens. Nothing you can do.

Back
Top Bottom