Egg due to pip is sweating sticky stuff, Incubating multiolre hatch dates in manual turn incubator

BellaSaff

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
Anxious first time incubator here :)... Heeeellppppp
So I think I have two likely viable of three eggs due from first batch and one had water droplets which is now sticky droplets. Bad egg ?? Today is day 21, no signs of pipping.
Am using manual turn hex 60 and have 4 different hatch dates, just moved the first lot into a hatching incubator (also hex) which I brought home yesterday.
My analog hydrometer/thermometer from bunnings sometimes reads different to the others, but now I think that happens when it is lying down flat.

Any tips please guys, should I toss this egg? Is it a bomb waiting to Boom? Or is this a rare sign of pipping to come?

Dead or dying. Candle gently, since it may be a bomb, especially if sticky. If it mostly just wet, might be saveable if you lower the humidity. Chick may be "mushy" and not survive even with movement and hatching. I tried hard to save a sticky chick but to no avail. Good luck!

Appeared with droplets 2days ago and sticky this morning.
I found it hard to see anything to start so candling not much good.
Could it have drowned. My hygrometer never got above 65% and I was opening three times daily
I only have the one hygrometer so it could be bogus.

egg is a bomb waiting to go boom. I had a bad exp with the same thing not to long ago and the thing literally blew up in the incubator. Bubbles or sticky anything on the outside of an egg before a pip is getting tossed into the pasture. I will not have the exploding egg trick happen again. These are my thoughts on the matter, take them as you will.

P.s. if it does blow be prepared to gag.

Just threw egg out. Was reeking through the shell now. Threw it down in the compost and indeed a little wing feather was seen :(
Don't know that the other two eggs will do anything now. Day 22 today. How long do ppl keep the late ones for?

So I culled another of the three eggs because it was stinking. I have one left and I candled it as I am not feeling it will do well.
The air sack slushes around a little at the top and down the side (kind off seems to peel off) and then all I see is black. Any hope here... Please advise...

Sounds as though the last one is no good either. There should be no sloshing of anything this late in incubation.

Once one egg is rotten, it tends to spread quickly to other eggs. I lost 8 out of 12 duck eggs due to them getting funky. I think the other 4 only made it because I caught the stinkers early and got them out of there. Make sure you clean and sanitize your incubator thoroughly before you attempt to incubate any more. It will get into any new eggs if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom