Egg eating Thief?? Need help!!

How many eggs do you get a day?? So you would write down the number of eggs then add to the total

• 1-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 30+

• Total voters

ChickyChickens

Chickening Around
5 Years
May 24, 2014
BYC? Epic <3
My Coop
My Coop
I have a problem! Eggs have been disappearing from my chicken nests in the last few weeks! I found out that my dogs were part of it! I punished them every time they did it and now they stopped! I now they stopped because every time they ate the eggs they would tip the nest over and then eat the eggs! There has been no more nest tipping.

Sadly the egg eating is still going on! Lately the eggs are in the nest but have been broken open and eaten. Does anyone know what it could be and how to stop it?? ( I think its rats but I don't know for shore)

I would be very grateful!!

it is possible that the chickens are the culprits. It is my understanding that if they will eat eggs if they get a taste for them. Don"t know what your nest box design but you may need to rethink you nest box set up to make them more secure.

Could be but I check all of my chickens everyday and none of them ever have "egg" around their beaks. I really think it's rats or a weasel because I have many times seen a weasel run out of my chicken coop. I think I am going to have to kill it and then see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom