Egg hatching service

Fluffychicky

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Sophia, NC
I have crazy broody silkies they all wanna be mommas so bad but I don't want to expand my flock right now so I was thinking of starting an egg hatching service. I want to charge per chick that hatches out and I was thinking of charging 3 dollars per chick. I don't know what the fair price is since I can't find any similar services in my area, could yall help me out with some info?

Would you use your own eggs? I'd be leery of bringing eggs in from other flocks for my silky to hatch. While eggs are not as likely to be a disease vector as chickens are, there is still the risk. There's also the concern about the risk to the health of a bird who is broody so much of the time.

Last edited:
I'm currently hatching some of my own silkie eggs for my mother in law as for the birds I was going to do this small scale and rotate birds, breaking all the ones that go broody that I'm not using. Unfortunately right now it's too cold to put anyone in the broody breaker I'm scared they would freeze to death at night.

while i use my cabinet incubators not broody hens i get $1 per egg set (not hatched) for the first 100 and then 75¢ per egg over 100. I've also got customers who i hatch for on halves of chicks hatched but i don't do the halves on chicks i don't want or think i can recoup the cost on.

Back
Top Bottom