egg help

pefferlawchicken

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
ontario, canada
hey guys

i was doing a science project and i have a chicken egg its 21 days the humidity is 65% and the temp is 101 but i dont see anything happening should he be moving inside the egg what should id do. should i crack the shell a bit to see if hes ok please help me !

pefferlawchicken

No cracking the egg, that most likely will kill the chick off or he will have a serious defect. He can be still absorbing his yolk sac. Pipping then can take 24 hours or longer til he will hatch out from the shell.

Patience......

Give him some time as chicks don't hatch til they are ready! Your temps and humidity could have been off at some point and he will hatch later than you think. T

Hi, there! I had my first batch of eggs hatch out a couple of weeks ago in a still air incubator that I built, with similar conditions to yours, and I had eggs hatching on days 22, 23 and 24 (all were set the same day). I was told to sit on my hands and be patient, so I will pass the same advice on to you.
old.gif
big_smile.png

Good luck!
Katie

you also dont need to be handling the egg(s), because the chick inside is trying to get position to peck out, and by turning and handling it you are just gunna confuse the little guy/girl

Back
Top Bottom