Egg help

RuralBetty

Songster
7 Years
Aug 13, 2014
Abbotsford bc canada
Alright ive done my homework since ive hatched my littles . They have started laying here and there now im getting green eggs but i have no green egg laying chickens so i can only figure that the green eggs are from my white call duck drake and my mallard hen lol
Ive got
Isabella leghorn
Chocolate orp
Lavender orp
Blue plymouth rock
Jersey giant
Cream barbanter

just boggling my mind as to why the ducks would be laying now if its them lol also just got these ducks in the summer havent had any since i was a kid so a little cloudy on the whole quaker stuff
Thank you for the help everyone.
Blurry picture of my lavender roo cause he a gem

Attachments

• 1E0C25C1-97E5-4F93-937F-EF0492F70E8E.jpeg
    1E0C25C1-97E5-4F93-937F-EF0492F70E8E.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 9
Were all of your current chickens laying their regular color of eggs, for some time, and the green eggs just started??
I do not have ducks, so no idea of color of duck eggs.
It is a possibility, that one of your chickens has the gene that determines the green egg color.
I had 3 EE, at same time, long ago. Each one laid a different color/shade of egg. One was light blue, one was greenish, and one was somewhat pink. Then sometimes a light brown egg would appear. Not sure which one of the 3 had the change in color ability? Maybe the effect of what chickens ate free-ranging.:idunno
Maybe that is something happening in your flock. There are ways to determine which hen lays any particular egg. Food coloring on the vent will tattle-tail who laid what. I also read the peeps opted to use lipstick to do same .
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Your roo is a very handsome boy! My only ducks are runners, and one of them lays a pale greenish egg, but every once in a while, she lays a very deeply green egg.

I had never heard of the food coloring on the vent trick. IF and when my girls start laying again -- everyone is pretty much on winter break -- I may have to give that a try.

Were all of your current chickens laying their regular color of eggs, for some time, and the green eggs just started??
I do not have ducks, so no idea of color of duck eggs.
It is a possibility, that one of your chickens has the gene that determines the green egg color.
I had 3 EE, at same time, long ago. Each one laid a different color/shade of egg. One was light blue, one was greenish, and one was somewhat pink. Then sometimes a light brown egg would appear. Not sure which one of the 3 had the change in color ability? Maybe the effect of what chickens ate free-ranging.:idunno
Maybe that is something happening in your flock. There are ways to determine which hen lays any particular egg. Food coloring on the vent will tattle-tail who laid what. I also read the peeps opted to use lipstick to do same .
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
Hatched them all in may/june/ july the bantams started laying before this flock so im not sure of the eggs color just did my research on each chicken before i hatched them so i thought id have an idea lol but alas here we are ! Haha

Back
Top Bottom