egg i guess dead

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DragunzGirl, Aug 30, 2008.

1. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    Ok well the 5 out of 6 eggs did hatch. But that last egg i guess died in side [​IMG].. it has not hatched, im still giving it another day tho.

Is that normal for babies to die near hatching time, in the egg?

2. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    It's happened to many of us. The chick will be fully developed but just quit's. I don't know why but if 5 out of 6 hatched than you must of done something right. I wouldn't drive myself crazy trying to figure it out, I would enjoy playing with the one's that did hatch. Maybe someone with more experience might know why. PEACE

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Many reason for chicks not making it out. eggs, not store and turn daily(yolk sticking to side of shell). To low humidity the last 3 days. Health and diet of breeding flock.(weak chicks) Shortage of fresh air (closing vents to raise humidity).
    Most all have a few in most hatches. 5 out of 6 thats a 85% hatch rate. Very good hatch. Good job!!!

4. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    dang. kk i did close up the holes on the bator.... thats ok i got 5 out of the 6 im good [​IMG]

now i want more eggs lol, but i dont know where to get them from now. i dont want to pay 44 bucks for just 12 eggs :\\... i going to hunt around and see if i can get more. this was fun LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by