Egg in pocket

I've been thoroughly enjoying all your posts
lau.gif
it is of great comfort that I'm not alone
ya.gif
thanks for the stories
celebrate.gif

This has happened to me and my son several times. So I thought I would bring them in in an ice cream bucket that I use to scatter grain. I put five beautiful eggs (one from each of my five layers - a great egg day!) in the white plastic tub and set it down on the slightly sloping roof of an old dog house and walked away. I heard it slide and hit the ground, I turned around and it was sitting on the ground on it's side and there was a guinea standing on the dog house looking down at it! I went and looked inside and there were scrambled eggs all in the tub and on the floor of the coop! I took my poop scraper and picked up egg and dirt from the coop floor so the birds wouldn't eat it them took it all back to the house and washed it out with the garden hose. That's when I discovered that there was one intact egg in the middle of the mess! From five to one with one bad decision. I lost more in that one mishap than all the pocket omlets combined. I now bring them back to the house in my pockets, again! This has been an enjoyable thread and I too am glad tha I'm not the only one!

Last edited:
I usually go collect the eggs at about 4pm. I had to go earlier about 3 weeks ago and decided to go ahead and pick up the eggs since they look so nice. I put 7 in one deep pocket and 5 in the other pocket. I went into the house after doing several errands between the coop and the house and forgot about the eggs in the pocket. I took my coat off and laid it over the couch and went about my daily business. Someone in my family hung up that coat during the day and there it hung in the closet for 2 weeks. I put my coat on and reach my hands in the pocket cuz the coat felt heavy and low and behold the eggs were in the pocket. I scrambled them and fed them to my hens as a treat.

I haven't broke any eggs in my coat or robe pocket yet...but I am sure it is coming. I love going out in the morning in my robe to let the chickens out. When it is warm and I am off, I will sit out in the yard and have my coffee with them. One of the many great things about living in the country and back off the road!

Back
Top Bottom