Egg layers

chokethechicken

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2017
Hello I'm new to the forum but I've had chickens for a while now. I know the brown one is a brahma but what are the other breeds? These things lay real good especially the brahma chicken.

welcome-byc.gif
Great to have another poultry lover! The red one is a Red Sex Link, the white one on the right looks like a Delaware, the tan and black one maybe a Black Sex Link, and the white one on the left looks like a White Leghorn.

Cool thank you for the fast response. I noticed the white leghorn, when in a group, goes and does its own thing. It did this until its friend was attacked by a dog. Now it follows the herd. Her personality is really weird, but it lays every day so I can't complain :)

welcome-byc.gif

I agree, none are Brahmas. The brown and white bird is a red sex link, and you're right they're terrific layers.

The white bird with the black collar could be a Delaware or a light Sussex, it's hard to tell from the pic. Does she have white legs or yellow?

The white Leghorn you know--and you're right, they lay so well it's worth putting up with a little flightiness
smile.png

I'm thinking the darker bird may be an Easter egger. Are you getting blue or green eggs?

:welcome

I agree, none are Brahmas. The brown and white bird is a red sex link, and you're right they're terrific layers. 

The white bird with the black collar could be a Delaware or a light Sussex, it's hard to tell from the pic. Does she have white legs or yellow? 

The white Leghorn you know--and you're right, they lay so well it's worth putting up with a little flightiness :)

I'm thinking the darker bird may be an Easter egger. Are you getting blue or green eggs?

These are what I get every morning. And thank y'all so much for the help

Back
Top Bottom