1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tink, Jul 16, 2007.

1. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    Do your hens fight over the same nesting box? They will wait in line to get into the same box. We have 4 different boxes for them to use. Is there any way to get them to use more than just the one?[​IMG]
    Thanks Tink

2. Rooster01

Rooster01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Southern WV
    My hens also will fight and push each other out of a box even though theirs 3 more their for them. Hens get a favorite box and stick with it most of the time. For some reason they all pick the same box.

3. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Sterling, Ohio
    Funny you should mention this. Just yesterday Thelma my RIR and Jo Jo my barred rock were both sitting in the same nesting box (milk crate) fighting over who will lay. After watching em for about 25 mins or so i started to worry about em getting too hot ( it was about 107 out) so i pulled Jo Jo out and as soon as i did that Thelma dropped her egg, then Jo Jo got in there and dropped hers. [​IMG]...Goofy birds [​IMG]

Forrest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by