egg machines...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by the 412 chicks, Sep 15, 2009.

1. the 412 chicks

the 412 chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    fremont
    what is the best egg layer.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Buff Orps, Rhode Island Reds, White Leghorns, Barred rocks, any standard breed will lay almost every day. My EE's lay less often.

3. EricT

EricT Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2009
    Smithville, Tennessee
    My white leghorns lay like crazy

4. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Black Astralorp holds the record for 364 in a year. Dunno as mine isn't laying yet.

My White Rocks are laying machines. Sex links are laying well. Of the 3 EEs that I know are laying, I only get an egg every other day from them. SLW have just started laying, and so far an egg a day. I have a sex link that routinely lays double yolks, and once a week, a triple yolker! Have a feeling she will end up egg bound, or something will go on reproductively with her.

5. gottalovemychickens

gottalovemychickens SaveAChickenRideACowboy

Quote:yeah they lay crazy but when mine lay they get eatin [​IMG]

Yes Black Australorps are great egg layers , they are not the biggest eggs . They are more med in size but i can count on my eggs everyday I LOVE THEM and their personalities are great !

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I have 2 Cuckoo Marans (1 yr old), that I have had for a couple months. I get 2 eggs every day. Maybe missed 1 egg a couple times at the most.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by